We’re Norfolk Industries, a small, local company with a big social conscience and a long history of providing employment to people with disabilities.
What We Do
- We design and manufacture a range of pet bedding and gifts aimed at the small animal market.
- We offer an efficient and reliable contract packing service.
- We look at what people can do rather than can’t do and are proud that over 50% of our workforce are people with disabilities
- We make a difference by offering work placement opportunities to help people develop skills for work
- Buying from us supports our mission to provide disabled and disadvantaged people with access to the world of work
Why We Are Here
We exist to do three things.
- Provide employment for people living with disabilities who have a personal goal to work. We do this through operating a commercially sustainable business – we make things, and we sell them!
- Provide programmes which moves people closer to work. These programmes are bespoke but share the same key elements; work experience, development of employment skills, and training relevant to the real work environments we offer.
- Manufacture and sell quality pet products at a realistic price. We sell to retailers and wholesalers across the UK and our products are available in many big-name retail outlets, marketed under the store’s own branding. We also sell abroad with retail customers in the Netherlands and Spain.
Norfolk Industries has been around since 1908 and was originally set up to provide work for the blind people of Norwich. In 1980 we became part of the local council which saw the development of the factory we use today and the move to employing people with a broader range of disabilities, not just visual impairments.
Since 2013 Norfolk Industries has been part of Independence Matters a Community Interest Company providing services to people with a disability across Norfolk.
Work Placement Schemes
Our long experience of employing people with disabilities makes us well placed to understand the barriers they can face when trying to get a foot on employment ladder.
We also get to see, first-hand, the benefits employment can bring – from enhanced wellbeing, confidence and work skills to greater independence.
Our work placement schemes are designed to support people who are struggling in their quest for work, whether through disability or other life problems.
We provide tailored packages of support that include training, qualifications and work experience in a real production environment. Our aim is to get the best out of everyone, whatever their disability or background, and take them that step closer to finding employment.
EVOLVE is a bespoke strengths-based work placement programme, tailored to the individual and aimed at supporting them to achieve their employment goals.
- Real world work experience at Norfolk Industries.
- Work-based training in subjects that include Health & Safety, Fire Prevention and Quality Control.
- Employment Skills qualifications from our own accredited Gateway Assured Learning Programme.
Find out further information about EVOLVE here.
Work Experience Placements
Our factory work placements are designed to provide people with real work experience in a production line environment.
Tasks might include filling bags, sealing bags, packing work, machinery operation, labelling products etc.
How To Apply:
Please just get in touch.
There is no formal referral route for our placements, they are assessed on an individual basis.
We always suggest you visit to take a look at the environment, the people and the work tasks involved on a no commitment basis.
You can contact us on 01603 667957 or email email@example.com
For more information visit our website.