The Garage, located in Norwich, is a hub for performing arts, a creative playground – from first steps to professionals. We work with local and national partners to provide high quality performing arts programming, participation, education and training for all ages. It is a place for everyone but has a particular focus on young people from all backgrounds.
The Garage operates year round, in theatre, dance, music and fitness. This programme of activity includes:
- Weekly regular classes
- Outreach and holiday activities
- Participant led performance companies
- Accredited education courses
- Artist Development Programme
- Incubated and associate professional performance companies
- Presenting small scale theatre and dance performances
- Producing and Co-Producing great new pieces of performance for young audiences
The Charity has a strong emphasis on engaging those who face challenging circumstances and use the arts as an intervention. We work particularly young people and their families and use the arts to change their lives.
We operate two sites, one in Norwich and one in King’s Lynn. Alongside our charity and intervention work we run weekly regular performing arts classes, qualifications from GCSEs, HNC and MA in Performing Arts as well as programming live performances for young audiences in our theatres.
If you are interested in what we have to offer at The Garage, take a look at our website and follow us here on icanbea... for further information.