Not sure what you want to do for your career or next job?
No problem! You can explore job ideas here on icanbea...
There's a couple of really easy ways to get started!
- Our Careers Wizard asks you about your skills and interests and then shows you a list of job ideas to pick from
- Once you've completed the Wizard, you'll see some bookmarks for you to explore those ideas further
- You'll also get some recommendations for employment sectors you can research on this site, as well as some local employers to explore
- Our Job Ideas database lets you directly browse and search our list of 350+ ideas for starting a new job or career
- You can find out about things like Entry Requirements, Career Paths & Progression and Salary Information
- You'll also be able to see recommendations for local employers who may offer similar roles
Please note that the routes above are about exploring the types of job you might be suited to. For actual live jobs, please visit our vacancies page.
Want to try a different route?
If you want to think about finding what you want to do in a slightly different way, you can try exploring Employment Sectors. These pages give you an overview of the types of work and local employers that contribute to them and you can view videos about people doing real jobs.
If you drill down further into the Job Areas beneath the sectors, they have specific Job Ideas on them too. All our Sector and Job Area pages also have recommendations for local employers too. (As well as vacancies!)
The pages and wizards on our site are just one way of exploring careers ideas. Below are two external tools from the LMI for All project than can help you explore job roles and your skillset.
- Discover what jobs you might like to do in the future by reacting to a series of job related statements
- Explore and compare key information about occupations compiled from national statistics
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...