An Animal Nutritionist will design, develop and evaluate the diets of animals to maximise growth, reproduction, health and performance. They will research the effectiveness of different dietary regimes and assess the nutritional and economic value of feeding systems.
Degree in Animal nutrition, animal science, biological science or any other science related subject.
Career Path and Progression
- Specialist field consultant
- Lecturing in animal nutrition
- Researching animal management
National Government Policy states that all students should have achieved at least a Grade 4 or C Grade in English & Maths at GCSE. Achieving this minimum grade in these subjects will increase the opportunities open to you, support your future career development and prospects.
Students who do not meet this standard will be supported to continue to study English and Maths through full-time education or an Apprenticeship.
- Good IT and administration skills
- The ability to analyse data and write reports
- Well organised and good at time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the scientific basis of nutrition
£17,000 to £23,000