Carries out a complete audit of a company to establish how it can be improved to make it more efficient, finds solutions to issues using intensive research and analysis. This may meaning designing new systems or revamping existing ones. Training staff on how to use the new systems implemented.
There are no set requirements, but previous project management experience and a working knowledge of project development methods like Waterfall or Agile will be helpful. A technical background, like in software development or programming, can also help.
It may be useful to have a first or higher degree in subjects like:
- business information systems
- business management
- computing and systems development
- computer science
Employers may look for recognised certification of your skills from a professional body, like The International Institute of Business Analysis UK (IIBA) or The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS).
You could get into this career through a degree apprenticeship.
Career Path and Progression
With experience, you could move into project management, consulting, or work in different industries.
You could set up your own company and work freelance.
Related careers you may be interested in:
- Business project manager
- Business adviser
- Management consultant
- Systems analyst
- Social media manager
National Government Policy states that all students should have achieved at least a Grade 4 or C Grade in English & Maths at GCSE. Achieving this minimum grade in these subjects will increase the opportunities open to you, support your future career development and prospects.
Students who do not meet this standard will be supported to continue to study English and Maths through full-time education or an Apprenticeship.
- You will need a high level of business acumen
- The ability to understand customer needs and implement systems to meet the needs
- Good maths and numerical skills
- Logical thinking and objective
- Excellent communication skills to be able to explain complex systems in basic terms
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work well as part of a team
£30,000 to £70,000