A Logistics and Distribution Manager will strategically plan the transport of goods, they will sort out where they are coming from and where they are going to, as well as the storage of them. They also ensure that the correct items are sent and received and that the delivery is completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
A degree or HND in distribution, logistics, transportation, business management, computing or other relevant subject would be an advantage but you could start your logistics career as an apprentice and work your way up to management.
- Good managerial and decision making abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- The ability to motivate others
- A logical and methodical approach to work
- Good negotiation abilities
£15,000 to £26,000