Recruitment consultants help employers find suitable staff, and match people to permanent and temporary jobs.
You can get into this job through:
- An apprenticeship - You'll usually need: 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), including English and maths, for an advanced apprenticeship
- A university course- You'll usually need: 2 to 3 A levels for a degree
As a graduate it's possible to enter recruitment with any degree, although some employers may prefer a subject related to the industry, like:
- human resources
- public relations
Some recruitment agencies specialise in a sector of work so you may be expected to have a relevant degree or industry experience.
- Working towards this role
- Applying directly
Career Path and Progression
With experience you could move into business development or management, or set up your own agency.
National Government Policy states that all students should have achieved at least a Grade 4 or C Grade in English & Maths at GCSE. Achieving this minimum grade in these subjects will increase the opportunities open to you, support your future career development and prospects.
Students who do not meet this standard will be supported to continue to study English and Maths through full-time education or an Apprenticeship.
- knowledge of human resources and employment law
- administration skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others
- sensitivity and understanding
- the ability to work on your own
- business management skills
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- to have a thorough understanding of computer systems and applications
£16,000 to £60,000