Vloggers create videos about their life or special interests and add them to their social media channels.
You can get into this job through:
- A college course -
2 or fewer GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G) for a level 1 course
2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D) for a level 2 course
4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) for a level 3 course
- An apprenticeship -
You can work towards this role by starting a junior content producer advanced apprenticeship.
There are no set entry requirements but it may help you to get in if you have:
5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), including English and maths, for an advanced apprenticeship
- Teaching yourself
- Short private training courses
Career Path and Progression
You could work for a retail, fashion or marketing company, managing a team of freelance vloggers or social media influencers.
National Government Policy states that all students should have achieved at least a Grade 4 or C Grade in English & Maths at GCSE. Achieving this minimum grade in these subjects will increase the opportunities open to you, support your future career development and prospects.
Students who do not meet this standard will be supported to continue to study English and Maths through full-time education or an Apprenticeship.
- knowledge of media production and communication
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to understand people’s reactions
- excellent verbal communication skills
- thinking and reasoning skills to come up with new ideas
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- the ability to use your initiative
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently