At some point in our lives we will probably all have to call upon the emergency services for help, but its not just the Police, Ambulance and Fire Services. Mountain Rescue teams come to the aid walkers and climbers who are in trouble, ensuring injured and sick causalities get the care that they need, whilst The Coastguard and RNLI work to prevent the loss of life on the coast and at sea.
Take a look at the various links and job roles below to see what could be in store for you.
- Over 143,000 lives have been saved by the RNLI since the service was setup in 1824
- HM Coastguard responded to more than 33,000 incidents in 2020
- Mountain rescue teams are called out through the police, via the 999 system
Physical Education • Biology • Computing and ICT • Languages • Maths • Physics • Psychology • English
Jobs ideas for this industry:
Were you looking for...
- ... The Fire Service, Police or Ambulance Services? > See Public Services
- ... NHS and Healthcare? > See Health & Social Care
Explore this industry in detail through the job areas below which include detailed job ideas, local employers and opportunities.