Analysing statistical data that relates to different types of insurance such as life, car, building etc. to construct probability tables from which they can determine the risk involved in insuring certain people.
A-Levels in maths, Degree in Actuary Science, Maths, Finance, economics, sciences. Other Actuarial Technician roles are accessible through level 4 apprenticeships.
- The ability to write reports
- Good communicate skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The ability to make decisions and take responsibility
- Excellent people and listening skills
- A genuine interest in business
- Good IT skills
£25,000 to £35,000