Looks after customers on a package holiday. This will involve accompanying them on transport, in hotels and on activities, providing them with information, assistance and dealing with queries and questions. Salaries can vary as this is often seasonal work but most companies will provide free accommodation. Hours can be unsociable, working weekends and evenings.
No specific qualifications are usually required for this role, interpersonal skills are more important, with on the job training. Some companies may require an HND/BTEC in Hotel/travel and tourism/hospitality.
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Confident in your own abilities
- Good at public speaking
- Able to keep calm in difficult situations and when under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- A common sense approach
- Good listening and negotiation skills
- Good problem solving abilities