The Human Resources department deals with the employees of a business, including recruitment, dealing with employee disputes/demands and queries, they may be involved in the payroll as well as calculating holiday pay.
Most employers will look for a degree/HND In human resources, business management, psychology or another relevant subject. It is possible to start this career without a degree by starting at a lower level and working your way up and gaining qualifications through training and college courses.
- Enjoy working with people
- Empathetic, tactful and approachable
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to gather facts and be confident in delivering them
- Good problem solver,
- Well organised and respect the importance of confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm in difficult circumstances
£15,000 to £16,000