Insurance Brokers act as the agent between the insurance company and the client. They will research the market to find the most suitable product for their client at the best price.
There are routes into this career as both a graduate and a school leaver. For graduates a degree in business management or a numerical degree would be an advantage but a degree in any subject would be accepted. For school leavers you could start as a trainee insurance technician or broker and work your way up by gaining qualifications and experience.
- Excellent sales ability
- Able to meet and exceed targets
- Good admin and IT skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good customer service abilities
£16,000 to £22,000