Nuclear Engineers design the equipment and create the operating procedures used in nuclear power plants. They will also research and develop ways that we can benefit from using nuclear energy such as in medical treatments, agriculture, energy and other industries.
You will usually require a degree in chemical engineering, electrical engineering, maths, physics or any another relevant subject, however it is possible to start this role through a degree level apprenticeship.
- A strong interest in science and technology
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication abilities
- The ability to work well in a team
- Good planning and organisational abilities
£20,000 to £28,000