We are a small and fast growing hospitality group based in East Anglia.
Hospitality - This is what Chestnut is all about. It was how we started and it will always be central to the business to look to acquire new sites and then revitalise to reflect the Chestnut brand and values. Managing owned hospitality sites will always be the backbone of Chestnut’s business.
Management - As a result of the success of existing Chestnut sites, its management was approached to act as consultants and interim managers for a small hospitality group in receivership. The success of this first consultancy assignment has opened the door to a second operational strand whereby Chestnut will manage but not own hospitality sites.
Lifestyle - A further opportunity has arisen to market skills and services used in creating the Chestnut experience. Still very much in a developmental stage, watch this space for further information on our interior design consultancy and online retail shop for homeware and gifts.
Recognising that people are at the heart of every successful service business, Chestnut Group sees recruitment and employee development as central to its future growth and is committed to offering opportunities to entrants at all levels, to have not just a job, but a long-term career.
We believe passionately that that in spite of the hospitality industry being one of the fastest-growing sectors in Europe in terms of employment, it does not receive the recognition that this growth deserves, nor the acknowledgement that this is an industry with very real career prospects;
No other sector offers the same potential to enter at ground level and develop significant and transferable skills and expertise in the key disciplines of:
- Management – operational, people, financial
- Customer services
- Procurement and logistics
- Sales and Business Development
- Marketing and PR
- Data management
- and much, much more. And we are not just talking front of house.
- Our chefs don’t just cook; they manage teams, choose suppliers, develop and cost out dishes to meet operational targets and yes, are encouraged to be creative and come up with delicious plates of food which set us apart from our competition; people are the heartbeat of our business; if we attract and retain the best, Chestnut and its employees will thrive.
What do we offer:
- competitive pay and working hours
- on-going training and development
- performance-based incentive schemes
- a credible alternative to further education for gaining skills and qualifications
- career support through ‘partnerships’ with further education/training bodies (e.g. the Concord Hospitality program).
If you would like to know more about working for the Chestnut Group then please email our careers team
Find out more
To find out more about the Chestnut Group and the work we do please visit our website.