We are a collection of inns, pubs and restaurants in East Anglia; celebrating our region - its people, provenance and personality.
“Chestnut was born from a deep rooted love for East Anglia – its people, its produce and its personality. Our properties celebrate their individual surroundings, to make each unique. We craft authentic experiences through engaging food and drink, home from home bedrooms and relaxing spaces sewn together with informal and warm service. We have a relentless focus on making a difference through the small details whilst having the confidence to keep things simple. Connections, stories and memories are made through the consistent quality of delivery in all we do. The needs of our guests, our team and the environment will continue to evolve, an awareness and sensitivity to this is at the heart of our business and is critical to our success”
Our current collection;
- The Packhorse Inn
- The Weeping Willow
- The Northgate
- The Black Lion
- The Westleton Crown
- The Ship
- The Crown
- The Rupert Brooke
- The Three Blackbirds
- The Eight Bells
Recognising that people are at the heart of every successful service business, Chestnut Group sees recruitment and employee development as central to its future growth and is committed to offering opportunities to entrants at all levels, to have not just a job, but a long-term career.
We believe passionately that that in spite of the hospitality industry being one of the fastest-growing sectors in Europe in terms of employment, it does not receive the recognition that this growth deserves, nor the acknowledgement that this is an industry with very real career prospects;
No other sector offers the same potential to enter at ground level and develop significant and transferable skills and expertise in the key disciplines of:
- Management – operational, people, financial
- Customer services
- Procurement and logistics
- Sales and Business Development
- Marketing and PR
- Data management
- and much, much more. And we are not just talking front of house.
- Our chefs don’t just cook; they manage teams, choose suppliers, develop and cost out dishes to meet operational targets and yes, are encouraged to be creative and come up with delicious plates of food which set us apart from our competition; people are the heartbeat of our business; if we attract and retain the best, Chestnut and its employees will thrive.
What do we offer:
- competitive pay and working hours
- on-going training and development
- performance-based incentive schemes
- a credible alternative to further education for gaining skills and qualifications
- career support through ‘partnerships’ with further education/training bodies (e.g. the Concord Hospitality program).
If you would like to know more about working for the Chestnut Group then please email our careers team
Find out more
To find out more about the Chestnut Group and the work we do please visit our website.