About Ports and Maritime
Norfolk and Suffolk have several different types of port as follows:
- Felixstowe is the biggest container port in the UK and one of the largest in Europe and welcomes over 3000 ships each year.
- Lowestoft offers servicing facilities for the North sea offshore wind, oil and gas industries.
- Ipswich is the largest port for UK agricultural export.
- Great Yarmouth offers servicing facilities for the offshore renewable and oil and gas industries.
- King’s Lynn is a regional hub for agricultural products and offers extensive handling and storage facilitates.
- Wells offers servicing facilities for wind farms and has a harbour which supports vessels for fishing, leisure and tourism.
- Between them the ports offer a whole range of career opportunities with the Port of Felixstowe employing over 2,500 people directly.