Accountants will devise financial systems, check accountancy procedure and ensure legal compliance. They may work in-house for a company or organisation or for a firm of accountants.
You will require A-Levels in maths and/or economics, A degree in accounting may remove some exams or CAT (Certified Accounting Technician Training) will also remove some exams. You can also take an ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualification. You can also now access accounting roles through apprenticeships at levels 2, 3 and 4.
- Excellent numerical skills
- The ability to interpret complex financial data
- Good concentration levels
- Precision and attention to detail
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
£25,000 to £27,000