Auditors are independent specialists who assess the accounts of companies and organisations to ensure that the financial records are valid and legal, they will monitor the money going in and out of an organisation to ensure that it is recorded and processed correctly. They may also advise companies on cost saving measures. Auditors can be either internal or external, internal auditors work largely in the private sector and external auditors will work for either a private accountancy firm or in the public sector for the National Audit Office.
A-Levels in maths/economics/business, fully trained and accredited chartered accountant experience. A degree in accountancy would give you an advantage.
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Analytical thinking and a methodical approach
- Sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Good concentration levels
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Tact and Diplomacy
- Confidence in your own abilities
- The ability to write reports and give presentations if necessary
£18,000 to £22,000