Higher Education Lecturers teach and research in a particular subject area that they are knowledgeable in, which will help students achieve an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, this is unusually in a University but could be in a further education college.
A degree (first or 2:1) in the subject you want to teach, you will also need a PhD or be working towards it and be able to demonstrate experience of teaching or show that you have potential to teach.
- In depth knowledge and expertise in your chosen subject
- The ability to motivate and inspire students
- Able to speak well and express yourself clearly
- Good leadership and management skills
- Perseverance and dedication to complete research
- Good organisational skills to juggle responsibilities
- Commitment to your own professional development
£33,000 to £40,000