Insurance Sales Advisors sell insurance to new and existing customers often over the phone. The type of insurance sold varies according to the insurance company you are working for but the main areas tend to be home, building, motor, life, health, pet, holiday etc., Duties will include calculating premiums, advising customers on the cover they need and interviewing prospective clients.
Most employers will look for previous experience in an insurance related role, A-Level/BTEC in business studies, insurance, risk management or sales would be helpful.
- Excellent sales ability
- Able to meet and exceed targets
- Good admin and IT skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good customer service abilities
£22,000 to £25,000