An IT Support Technician will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organisation. They will support employees using IT equipment and will help find and correct software and hardware problems for computer users.
A BTEC, HND or degree in IT, Information Systems, Computer Science, helpdesk support (customer support) would be beneficial. If you have a good working knowledge of computer systems, you could be taken on as a trainee technician or an apprentice.
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work loads
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to explain complex issues to non technical users
- Able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
£18,000 to £22,000