Restaurant Managers will be responsible for making sure that the restaurant runs smoothly while maintaining standards of food hygiene, health and safety and service. They will be required to organise shifts and all other aspects of the day to day running of the restaurant.
Most employers will require GCSE's including English and Maths, a qualification in hospitality could be useful. Most large restaurants will have a management trainee scheme, for these you may need a foundation degree or degree in a related subject. You could get started through an apprenticeship.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to cope well under pressure
- Good commercial awareness
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills
£18,000 to £25,000